We all love our smart phones, but did you know that your smart phone can help you succeed in law school?! Many traditional law school resources are now available for your phone or tablet in app form. Using apps to aid in law school study is a great way for law students to get use to the mobile efficiency they will experience as practicing attorneys. In the practice of law, lawyers are using apps for everything from tracking their MCLE credits and tracking billable hours to tracking their court dates.
Business Insider complied the must have i-phone apps for law students, below are some highlights:
1) Black’s Law Dictionary - $54.99: Saves you from lugging around a 6 pound book! Also includes audio pronunciations of more than 7,000 terms and hyperlinks to Westlaw.
2) Constitution – some free most .99₵: should be a staple in any 2L’s phone.
3) iStudiez Pro - $2.99: Organization is key to doing well in law school and this app lets you organize your study schedule, assignments, study group dates and more.
4) Lexis Nexis Get Cases & Shepardize – FREE: although it doesn’t have all the functions of the online version, the app version allows you to search cases, get summaries and shepardize all for free.
5) Law in a Flash Apps: varies in price around $39.99 a subject: available for almost every subject each subject set includes over 300 flash cards and the app allows you to bookmark cards, add notes and shuffle the deck.
6) Law Stack – FREE: includes all the Federal Rules and the Constitution in one app.
7) BARBRI – FREE: whether you are studying for your 1L finals or the bar exam, BARBRI’s outlines, lectures and practice questions can be right at your finger tips
1) ABA Journal App – FREE: brings you breaking legal news of the day as well as their in depth magazine articles.
2) Lawyer QuickQuotes - .99₵: allows you to search over 690 quotes by topic from famous lawyers or shake you phone to get a random quote.
::ASP is in no way endorsing the iPhone or any Apple products::